More About The Club…
We sail Thunderbolt, our Bavaria 38 from Southampton Town Quay marina. We schedule day-sailing Friday, Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting. Sailing is organised by email and online calendar. Once you are signed-up there is no deposit to find and no formalities each time you sail.
The small membership means great availability and our ‘easy-in easy-out’ terms make the club a low risk, high value route to solid all-round sailing competence. With a small membership we have never had to turn anyone away.
Terms – at a glance
- Trial sail day: £75
- Membership fees: £225 / month
- Notice period: 3 months
Who is the club for?
- Complete beginners who want to get it right – right from the start
- Newly minted Day Skippers, who need to put some polish on their skills prior to chartering or moving on to boat ownership
- Ex boat-owners, who will appreciate the capped costs, no compulsory maintenance comitment and not having to find crew. You don’t even have to buy milk – just turn up and sail!
- Essentially anyone who would like to sail and train with a focussed, cordial crowd
What it is:
- A way to build and consolidate solid sailing skills
- A club for sailors who would like to avoid a boat-ownership ‘runaway-costs’ nightmare
- A club for sailors who like to sail regularly without fuss and formalities each time
What it isn’t:
- Boys days out – we’re here to sail
- Something new – this is our 9th year
- A syndicate
- Shared ownership
- Yacht charter
©The Milebuilding Club 2021 – All rights reserved